As always a lot is going on:
- The riot is over and the inmates are being put on several buses to who knows where.
- Frita’s bunker was a safe house for many but as the episode ended it was being blown open as Tastee, Alex, Nikki, Red, Piper, Frita, Flora, Nancy, Suzanne and Cindy held hands.
- Pennsatucky escaped through the hole in the fence and has been hanging in Donuts’ house.
- Linda (of MCC) posed as a prisinor and is being put on a bus.
- Mei Chang also left through the hole. Where she is now is unknown.
- Gloria’s son is in the ICU. She hatched a plan to release the guard hostages so she could go see him. Maria stole her plan and is now bargaining. She got to see her baby on the sidelines of the prison riot.
- Alex and Piper got engaged.
- Lorna is pregnant.
- Flaca and Maritza are YouTube celebrities, having posted videos during the riot.
- Daya shot the guard Humphrey in the leg. After a while she turned herself in, only after calling Pornstache’s mom asking her to take her daughter and raise her without interference from Daya. Humphrey suffered a stroke and died.
- Piscatella attacked Boo, Alex, Piper, Red (scalping her), Nikki and Flora. With the help of those in the bunker they escaped and tied him up. He was later accidentally shot in the head by the squad rounding up the prisoners.
It was Christmas in New York on last night’s Younger and apparently love was in the air because Charles forgave Liza for being a big fat liar and the episode ended in what some considered a much awaited kiss. Hell, the previews for next week, called the upcoming episode the “One You’ve Been Waiting For”, showing what appears to be Charles and Liza having sex. Excuse me while I gag. I assume I can’t be alone in my thoughts that Charles and Liza are gross together. I don’t really like either of them individually so them together shouldn’t bother me any more but it does. I just don’t get it.
Really I am just over Liza and her selfish ways. She could be off this show and I wouldn’t even care. I keep rooting for her and Josh to get back together but I’m not sure why since he is so much better than her. What I want deep down is for Josh and Kelsey to get together already. It was hinted at last season and I’m still not over it. They are my two favorite characters so I don’t see how it could go wrong. But in the meantime I am enjoying Kelsey bouncing between two guys. I don’t even know who I am rooting for.
Though when we get down to it, the best couple on Younger is obviously Diana and Enzo. He just gets her and I love it. He brought her a live Christmas tree which she of course instantly hated and he wasn’t even phased. He just set it up and showed her how great it was. More of these two kids please.
Danny Masterson was fired from The Ranch, leaving the show to write off the character of Rooster. Going into Part 5 I wondered how they would do it. Death was my first thought. It seemed the easiest since obviously Rooster would never be coming back. As things progressed with creepy Nick, this seemed like even more of a possibility. He did break into his house and creepily sit on his couch in the dark and threaten him and then showed up again with a gun. It does seem out of character for the show to kill off a main character in such a horrible, tragic way (being killed by your ex’s new boyfriend/ex husband is pretty dark).
The second most likely way seemed to be jail time. It is keeping with the character and as the generator story line unfolded it seemed very possible. But no go, it seems Colt is intent on taking the fall for it.
If neither of these options were in Rooster’s future, I was at a loss. I won’t be okay with a solution that leaves things too open ended which may be what happened. After Nick threatened Rooster to either leave town or be killed, he left town. Is this the last we’ll hear about him? I can assume and hope not. But I’m going to need more of an explanation as to why we will never see him again. He has lived on that ranch his whole life and values his family. Is he really never going to see his niece? Netflix, get this right.