If you’re a die hard Big Brother fan like me, you’ve been patiently waiting for the reveal of the first cast of Celebrity Big Brother. I didn’t have high expectations. I figured the level of celebrity would be akin to the level of “star” on Dancing with the Stars. Oh was I wrong. Can we change the name of this show to “People You May have Heard of Once Big Brother.” Here’s who we are dealing with:
- Omarosa Manigault – Formally of The Apprentice and the White House. I’ve never really seen her in action but I’m guessing she’ll be annoying.
- Mark McGrath – Lead singer of Sugar Ray. Saw this guy in concert a few years back. He’s a lot stranger than you would think.
- Shannon Elizabeth – She was in American Pie and I’m sure some other stuff. This apparently makes her a celebrity.
- Metta World Peace – I guess this guy used to be in the NBA. Beats me.
- Brandi Glanville – She’s a Real Housewife so I’m sure she’ll bring the drama.
- James Marslow – He was on a Nickoleodon show I’ve never heard of.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam – She was Rudy on The Cosby Show. They had to dig back far in the TV history books for this one.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur – She was on Hairspray on Broadway. I only know who she is because she was on Dancing with the Stars. Last time I checked, being a “star” on a reality show doesn’t qualify you as a “celebrity” for another.
- Ariadna Gutierrez – She’s the one Steve Harvey accidentally announced as Miss Universe. This might literally be the loosest use of the word celebrity.
- Chuck Liddell – Apparently a former mixed martial artist. Does that really make you a celebrity?
- Ross Matthews – He used to be an intern on The Tonight Show and now is a judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race. If he is who I think he is, he’s funny. So I could be on board with this.
So there you have it folks, the best 11 celebrities CBS could round up.
The many lists floating the internet of the rumored stars were so much better than the actual cast (Lance Bass anyone). I thought I would have heard of more than 2 of these people (okay large under exaggeration). I thought what would make Celebrity Big Brotherinteresting would be going in with people I already hate and people I already love. Well not the case. I don’t care about any of these people. And where is a contestant from The Challenge? Victor and Natalie are oddly on The Challenge: Vendettas so I was anticipating a crossover. Now their appearance on The Challenge makes even less sense.