The Elite Eight in the 2017 Couples Bracket has been determined and my defending champs: One Tree Hill‘s Jake and Peyton were upset by Degrassi‘s Miles and Tristan. It took four years for them to finally take the prize but they won’t be repeating the way Delena did those first three years.
Even knowing that, it is still worth reminiscing all the reasons they won in 2016:
- Mark Schwahn had both characters wear black Converses as a clue to the audience that they would be getting together.
- Jake returned to the show with Jenny in season 3, which was when I was a freshman in college. I accidentally discovered this information online and immediately called my sister in the hallway to scream with glee. My joy was very high that day.
- They go on the best first date ever where Jake uses cheesy lines about how he called in favors to get their walk down the pier just right.
- Peyton’s relationship with Jenny is so adorable. Not every 17-year-old is cool with dating a teenage dad but she understands that Jenny comes first for him, even when it means moving away.
- Which brings to me all of their heartbreaking goodbyes. “You know, I could of held you in my arms forever. It still wouldn’t have been long enough.” Unfortunately their timing was just always off.
- I mean this exchange: “You know, um, I wasn’t entirely honest with you, before.” “About what?” “The reason I came back.” “You said you were tired of running.” “Yeah, but that’s not the only reason. See, the whole time that I was gone, I kept thinking about all this stuff that I should have done when I had the chance, but didn’t.” “Well, like what kinda stuff?” “I don’t know. Mostly being with you.”
- He wrote a song for her.
- The chemistry…
- Probably one of the main reasons they won last year’s bracket: I am still heartbroken they didn’t end up together, even though it has been five years. It still pains me that we really never got enough of them. Clay and Quinn got their adequate time, just wish the same was true for these two.