Like the real tournament, our Best TV Couple Bracket is shaken up each year. Here’s a look at the new couples that came on board and the couples who weren’t good enough to make it back in the top 64.
Newcomers to this year’s bracket include:
- DeLuca and Maggie (Grey’s Anatomy) – One of the bright spots left on a show that’s been on too long. Not many couples on Grey’s are worth shipping anymore but they have promise. Not Mer and Der or Cristina and Owen promise, but promise. I’m not sure they be able to beat out Cristina and Burke or Alex and Jo or Mark and Lexie. Man, Grey’s has so many good couples. They really dominate the bracket.
- Mary and Henry (Downton Abbey) – Not a contender by any means but Matthew Goode is dang cute. They aren’t as good as Mary and Matthew or Sybil and Tom but that scene in the rain was adorable.
- Liza and Josh (Younger) – Younger’s best couple is so great mostly because Josh is so great. I give him props for coming back time and time again even though it is exhausting pretending Liza is 26.
- Enzo and Bonnie (Vampire Diaries) – I’m excited to see where this one goes. We haven’t seen much of them yet but that kiss in the mental ward was hot.
- Eleanor and Jasper (The Royals) – The main reason I watch this show. Very few shows keep me on the edge of seat anymore waiting for a couple to get (back) together. But this one is driving me nuts with these two.
Beth and I recently got caught up on the last couple of seasons of Degrassi so it brought in several new couples:
- Maya and Zig – My favorite Degrassi couple of this generation. I haven’t loved a couple this much on this show in a while.
- Miles and Tristan – It has been awhile since there has been a cute gay couple. I love these two so much individually that there is no way I wouldn’t love them as a pair. When Miles assures Winston his dating Tristan isn’t just to get back at his dad, that he enjoys his company and kissing him, he doesn’t care what gender he is, I melted. Loved it!
- Claire and Drew – I’m still on Team Jake when it comes to Claire but their short-lived romance was unexpected. I quite enjoyed their friendship and that it grew from running student council together.
These are the couples that didn’t quite make this year’s cut. The main fault of these couples is they are old news. At one time they seemed important enough to add to the bracket but that time has passed.
- Doug and Jack (Dawson’s Creek)
- Alaric and Jo (Vampire Diaries)
- Mindy and Casey (Mindy Project)
- Stefan and Katherine (Vampire Diaries)
- Violet and Prince Kuragin (Downton Abbey)
- Mary and Charles (Downtown Abbey) – Neither of us are quite sure which one of Mary’s suitors was Charles Blake.
- Rose and Atticus (Downtown Abbey)
- Cookie and Lucius (Empire) – We both dropped this show this season.