You ask someone who knows me and they’ll tell you I’m a crier. I cry equally when someone gets kicked off Project Runway and when someone wins Project Runway. These moments get me every time.
- Cristina losing her baby on Grey’s. When Burke shows up to her hospital room at the end of the episode and gets in bed with her, I lose it.
- Rory’s high school graduation speech on Gilmore Girls.
- At the end of The Vampire Diaries 5th season, Damon and Bonnie get stuck on the other side and as a result Elena says goodbye to Damon as his ghost listens in and says his own goodbye. Nina Dobrev is an excellent ugly crier. The tears continue as Jeremy runs to find Bonnie before the other side collapses and then Damon and Bonnie hold hands waiting for the unknown. Though sad, it is the start of one of the greatest friendships on TVD (though I still say Alaric is Damon’s best friend. No one will convince me otherwise).
- Obviously Grey’s Anatomy is usually a weekly tearfest but in season 3 is one of the saddest moments of the show and it doesn’t even involve main characters. When Jillian comes to Seattle Grace to discover she has a tumor, Rachel plans to drop everything for her friend. “Cradle to Grave” they’ve always said. When Jillian’s parents show up, Rachel lets her go, lets her be Amish and die Amish. Talk about true friendship and selfishness. We all can hope to have as great of a friendship at some point in our lives as these two have. When Jillian’s parents tell the shunned Rachel, they’ll tell her mother “We saw you and you are well and happy and have grown into a fine woman” I can’t even take it.
- Marissa’s Death on The O.C. Even ignoring the fact that a main character and Ryan’s one true love has died, the use of Imogen Heap’s”Hallelujah” gets me every time.
- Kacy Catanzaro’s run in the 2014 Dallas American Ninja Warrior finals is a entirely different kind of tears. I tear up seeing what she accomplishes and the barriers she breaks down. There are times I watch this show and can’t take it seriously as a sport but dang Kacy is a damn good athlete. Plus, Akbar’s enthusiasm makes it that much more thrilling. “Are you not entertained?” he yells as she powers through the course.